Thursday, August 29, 2013

My bad, England. My bad.

Even though they speak English in England, I'm having a very difficult time understanding what people are saying. Particularly at coffee shops/restaurants, when they ask me if I'd like to "stay in or take away." What now? I typically smile and nod yes, just to be polite and not be super obvious that I no comprendo, and then they of course have to ask me again, because what they're asking is if I plan on eating there or taking my order to go. And "yes" doesn't really answer that question.

I have also apparently been jogging on the wrong side of the sidewalk - similar to driving on the wrong (read: other) side of the road, they run/bike the same way over here. Sorry peeps. I'm not from around these parts. (As if my bright neon orange tennis shoes weren't a huge USA giveaway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment