Monday, October 29, 2018

There's a big tip in it for you

Shout-out to our poor waiter on Saturday night afternoon (yes we ate dinner at like 4:30). We went to the Lot, a neighborhood place where you can sit outside. It was nice so we got a table out back. The hostess warned us of "aggressive" bees that had stung 3 people that day. We thought we could handle it, but they were all over the place and I certainly didn't want Georgie to get stung. So we moved inside (after G threw her veggie pouch on the ground and it got covered in dirt and was deemed unsalvageable). I ordered her a peanut butter and honey sandwich off the kids menu, and after she took one bite I remembered that babies aren't allowed to HAVE honey before a year old because of botulism. Freaking out, I called the pediatric nurse hotline. The nurse thought I was freaked out about the peanut butter, but nope. She said she couldn't remember what symptoms to look for (it had been so long since someone had asked - ha), but emailed me later to look out for "descending paralysis" (great!). Apparently the risk of botulism is very small, but it's greater if it's unpasteurized/raw honey. So my mom asked our poor waiter to bring us the bottle of honey they use. It was a giant container and he was very confused, bless his heart. Finally we were packing up to leave and Georgie managed to rip out the earring in one of my newly-repierced ears. I looked all over for it but never found it. (And of course the waiter came out and saw me doing this - I'm sure he thought we were INSANE.)

We left a good tip. And my mom left her to-go box. Yay for wild Saturday nights afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment