Sunday, May 22, 2011

A riff on cover bands

Saw Super Diamond on Saturday night. And they rocked it. But it made me wonder (and now I feel like Carrie on Sex and the City, typing and wondering things) - what other options does a guy who sounds exactly like Neil Diamond have? Particularly in the music profession? I can see it now - he auditions for a manager, who says "Um, I think you can ONLY be a Neil Diamond cover artist. Best of luck to you." And what about the (hot) guitarist? He goes to his high school reunion, people ask what he does for a living, he says "I'm in a Neil Diamond cover band." (Lucky for him, they are super successful - hell, they're SUPER Diamond!) But still.

I am certainly a sucker for a good cover band. Spazmatics? Check. Poison Cherry? Yay. And my personal fave, Who's Bad. Look them up. Seriously. Leaning towards an MJ cover band for my wedding. Should there ever be one. And now that I've said this musical desire out loud, there probably won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment