Monday, May 7, 2012

Just bead it

I've been at my current job for a little over a year, and so far, haven't been asked to go home and change. (Knock on wood.) This is an aberration because I have been asked to change clothes at almost every other job I've had. Nice track record.

The worst instance happened at my first job out of school at an advertising agency. I had been in Mexico for a weekend wedding, and proceeded to get my entire head cornrowed (!) and bought a pink mumu-type dress from a guy on the beach. Which I decided to wear to work on Monday. I got in so late the night before that I couldn't get all the damn braids and beads out of my hair in time, so I went with an unfortunate option B - pigtails. The top part of my hair looked normal, but the underneath layers were still braided and beaded.

Needless to say, this was NOT a professional look. This wasn't even an ATTRACTIVE look. So I was promptly sent home to change and de-cornrow. Not my finest hour, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment