Friday, June 8, 2012

Tis (not) the season

Got home last night and Elf was on. So I watched it. And of course laughed out loud. (Not surprising, given the fact that Christmas Vacation is my all-time favorite movie which I could watch all year long.)

Timing of the movie on TV was a bit odd, given that Christmas in JUNE isn't really a thing.

I've been to a Christmas in July party before, and there's a day (maybe July 25?) that a radio station here plays all Christmas music, which is equal parts bizarro and awesome. I remember finding myself in a Subway and carols were piping through the joint. I thought someone just put on the wrong mix, but then got in my car and kept hearing it. Wigged me out until I figured out what was going on.

I might have to throw myself a Christmas in July birthday party one of these years - but it's a little tough living in Texas and trying to feel festive when you can't stop sweating. Santa likes frozen egg nog and swimming pools, right? Who doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment