Friday, February 21, 2020

whatever

Whenever I sigh or curse (which I'm trying to get better about) or honk my horn, etc., Georgie asks "what the MATTER, mama?" When she wanders into the room, she asks "what you DOING, mama?" And now when I talk for like 10 minutes to her about something, she says "what you TALKING about, mama?" So clearly she wasn't listening. A preview of what's to come, I'm sure.

Side bar: yesterday on the way to school she wanted to get out of her car seat. I told her it was against the law (?) and we could go to jail. She then wanted me to talk for the next 30 minutes about jail. (Literally kept saying "more?" "more?") I ran out of things that I knew about jail in about 3 minutes. Which I guess is a good thing. Until she asked again that night and I said, "who goes to jail, Georgie?" Hoping she would say "bad guys." She said "Georgie."

Let's hope THAT's not a preview of what's to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment