Monday, April 12, 2010

I love the 80s




Not to ruin the surprise, but I've told pretty much everyone already anyway: this year's birthday bash will incorporate an 80s roller skating party. Yes, my birthday isn't until July, and no, I'm not turning an impressive age like 30 or 50, but man do I love a theme bash (see practically every other party I've ever had) and man do I love 80s tunes.

In scouring the internet to find the perfect 80s outfit (did I fail to mention you have to be in costume to board the party bus?), I have been amazed and horrified to find that they still sell many key 80s fashion pieces. Like the t-shirt tie. And gummy bracelets. And fingerless lace gloves. And shutter shades (thanks for bringing THOSE back, Kanye). And lest we forget 80s hair, the BANANA CLIP, people. That's right. (And obviously leggings and bubble skirts are back in fashion anyway...yikes)
Really hoping some guy busts out Jams and colored Zinc oxide on his nose. And someone better rock the Flashdance sweatshirt. That's all the help I can provide. Pop in your DVD of Sixteen Candles to get inspired.
So start acid washing your jeans, peeps, because we're going Back to the Future.


No comments:

Post a Comment