Monday, November 12, 2012

There are just so many ways to say Ho Ho Ho

Lifetime was airing a Christmas movie marathon this weekend - and since my tree was already up, I figured I would check a few out. And each time, I made it through an hour before having to give up and turn it off. Terrible. Granted, they ARE Lifetime movies. But I think it's more than that. There are simply no more good ideas surrounding holiday films. Writers should just give it up. Just thinking back on some that came out in theaters in the past few years makes me feel grinchy:

Four Christmases
Surviving Christmas
Eight Crazy Nights
Christmas with the Kranks

And yes, I have seen all of these. I guess hoping for another Elf or Christmas Vacation. But why fix it if it ain't broke?

I leave you with one more disaster of a holiday movie: Ernest Saves Christmas. Which I believe I saw in the theater. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment