Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Vain, party of one

As I mentioned, I was lucky enough to get invited to the George Strait concert Saturday night. Along with 104,000 of my closest friends. Most of whom were wearing cowboy boots. I know some George Strait songs - but certainly didn't know all of them - and it was still the Best. Concert. Ever. First of all, George looked and sounded amazing. I have a semi-crush, 62 years old be damned. And then the long list of guest stars: Miranda Lambert! Alan Jackson! Kenny Chesney! Sheryl Crow! Etc. Etc. It was like 9 concerts in one. But me being me, I have to comment on the superficial. Here goes:

Vince Gill has gained some serious lbs. Did not look good.
Alan Jackson has also put on a bit of weight.
Jason Aldean and Eric Church looked AOK, although I wasn't entirely sure who they were.
Sheryl Crow sounded great, but was wearing a very ugly hippy-type top and fugly shoes.
Faith Hill was wearing unflattering jeans - who knew she had a bit of a booty?
Martina McBride's pants were also not great.
And Miranda Lambert was wearing tiny black leather shorts that did not do her any favors on the giant big-screen. Just saying. (However: her silver glittery cowboy boots were AMAZE.)

So there you have it. All in all, made us feel better about ourselves. And isn't that really what it's all about? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment