Monday, January 12, 2015

Mexico: 1; Sarah: 0

Cabo was fab(o), until yesterday at the airport. I had started to feel a bit iffy on the shuttle ride over, and by the time I wheeled my bags over to the check-in kiosk, I knew I was going down quickly. I started sweating profusely, and could tell I was about to faint because I couldn't hear and everything went white. I had to stop checking in and limped blindly (literally) to the bathroom, because I figured I would rather pass out in the bathroom than in the middle of the airport. Puked and splashed water in my face (I was so sweaty it didn't make much of a difference). Then reemerged and had to wait in line at the kiosk again.  Could barely stand and some airport official had to help me check in. A kind girl from the wedding happened to see me and ran to get me a bottle of water (thank you, Elizabeth!). I chugged it and got in line to check my bag. Three from the front, I knew I had to puke again so lost my place in line and ran back to the bathroom. Then got back in line and started to worry that I might miss my plane. Because THAT would make me feel tons better. (Sarcasm, obvi) Managed to get through that line and security, but when in line to board I started to feel faint again. Back came the sweats, the white light, and the inability to stand. But I knew I had to get on the plane, dammit. So I stumbled down the ramp, unable to see much of anything. I'm sure I looked like I had the plague (maybe I did!). Luckily I swapped my seat from middle to aisle just in case, but I didn't get sick again. Had a fairly terrible night, feeling god awful, but managed to get to work today. Good lord, Mexico. Montezuma's Revenge is no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment