Monday, February 4, 2019

Barn raising

Someone hit an electrical pole around 4am, causing my neighborhood to lose power. The power company estimates it will be back on around 2pm, which should make for an annoying day - at least it's like 75 degrees and not freezing (or sweltering). I managed to do the following this morning in the dark, making me think being Amish might not be so hard:

  • put my contacts in and brushed my teeth by the light of my cell phone (okay, NOT Amish)
  • worked out on the elliptical for an hour, figuring that even without power I'm getting some sort of calorie burn. And instead of watching TV I watched videos on my phone. (SO not Amish)
  • walked the dog with a flashlight (can the Amish have batteries?)
  • showered by flashlight and put my makeup on by candlelight (AMISH!)
  • Rocked the wet ponytail because no hairdryer (don't own an Amish cap)
  • Manually opened the garage door so I could drive my car (NOT HORSES) to work
And I'm exhausted. And it's not even 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment