Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Oh, my aching back

Bought one of these recently:

Thought it would be a great way to tote Georgie around instead of the stroller, since she always wants to get out and I have to unbuckle her, pick her up and then buckle her back in. Figured the zoo would be the perfect time to test it out. (After seeing me attempt to get it on, my mom insisted on coming along.)

Turns out either I am not as in shape as I thought I was (duh) or I'm getting old (also duh) - because after about 10 minutes I wanted to die. Now Georgie weighs around 30 pounds, but that's less than I gained with Beau and I didn't have that much trouble...I made it about an hour before we decided to call it. The shooting pain in my shoulders and the numbness in my arms was slightly concerning. Somehow I am not as sore as I thought I would be, but not sure when I will have the guts to use that thing again...maybe for short walks around the backyard?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment