Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Remembering what was

Feeding Beau at 2am, I looked down at his sweet little face and started crying, thinking about the current situation in our world and wondering what his future would look like. I know a vaccine will come eventually, but the fastest they have ever created one is 4 years (mumps) - what if his first 5 years of life are like this? No Santa visits. No birthday parties. No trips to the zoo. No Gymboree. No movie theaters. (And yes, I realize people are getting back out there. But my 69-year-old mother lives with me - plus my two small kids - so I am not risking it.) And he's even younger than Georgie - she will actually be old enough to remember some of this, depending how long it lasts. I sincerely hope she can go back to school in the fall - for her sake and my sanity. Poor little munchkins. I guess I will just have to make their virtual childhood as fun as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment