Monday, June 25, 2012

Ready for my close-up

What is it about being on the giant screen at a sporting event that makes people of all ages act like idiots? I went to a Rangers game over the weekend and was thoroughly amused with the reactions once people realized they were on the screen. Pointing, waving, jumping up and down - and that was just the adults.

I finally got my "moment in the sun" two weeks ago at a minor league baseball game (hence the air quotes). We were on the screen for an embarrassingly long amount of time. And what did I do? Waved, made the "number one" with my finger and shouted something about loving the RoughRiders. Which isn't exactly true. But in that moment on the screen, you sort of blank out and anything goes. At least I didn't flash the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment