Thursday, January 2, 2014

My name is Sarah, and I am addicted to clothes. (everyone: "Hi, Sarah.")

So much so that my closet finally buckled under the weight of those clothes yesterday. (Thank god my dog wasn't sleeping in there, as she usually does.) My sweet landlord came over and fixed it, but then stayed to make sure it wouldn't fall again - which meant helping me re-hang the hundreds of items that I had tried to hide in my bedroom. Armfuls and armfuls, back and forth, until we were both a bit sweaty. And I was completely humiliated - it's kind of personal, having a guy see everything you own (clothing-wise). I'm sure he thinks I'm a hoarder or something - he didn't comment except to say that it looked like I had something to wear every day of the year. (at least.) When he then started to help me bring my boots back in (and again, said something like "Wow, you've got a lot of cowboy boots!"), I had to politely stop him. It was too mortifying.

After he left and I stopped blushing, I decided I'm going to try to wear everything in the closet this year. Or throw it away. Challenge ACCEPTED. Today's item of choice? A striped Gap capelet sweater from like 5 years ago when capelets were popular. (I will have to document this on the blog because otherwise I will forget. Plus, the whole accountability thing.)

Let's DO this, 2014.

2 comments: