Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"The Love Boat." Or "Overboard."

Match.com has these things called "stir events," where you pay a nominal fee to attend something where other singles will be. Happy hours, game nights, dance lessons, you name it. I personally have never gone to one, because I assume it would be either all girls, or worse, all girls under 25. But a stir event caught my eye yesterday: a 7-night Caribbean cruise, with stops in St Maarten, St John and Nassau, Bahamas. What?! Of course, the fee is NOT nominal and it might be the worst thing ever - trapped at sea with a bunch of single losers. (like myself - hey ohhh) Although it did say currently the attendees are 70% male. Then again, there could only be three people signed up, so I doubt the odds are ever in my favor here. Think I'll pass on the singles cruise. But if they ever decide to send people to Greece, I might have to suck it up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment