Monday, November 10, 2014

Where the hell is 4th gear?!

This morning on the radio they were talking about how hard it is to teach someone to drive a stick-shift, and everyone was sharing their horror stories. I have my own. I found out a few weeks before I turned 16 that my parents had bought me a car (yay!), and that it was a manual transmission (boo!). My mom took me out and tried to teach me in our church parking lot, but we got so annoyed with each other that she told my dad he had to do it. My dad took me out to some neighborhood in the middle of nowhere, and at one point I opened the door and got out, screaming "I can't do this! It's too hard!" But it's amazing the motivation of not being able to drive your brand new car can do to a person. In a week I had it down. But I'm not sure I would ever want to teach anyone else.  Especially in a hilly area. #pass

No comments:

Post a Comment