Thursday, April 30, 2015

Holy crap it's really happening

Big day, people. Closing on the house today. MY house. All 3 bedrooms and 2 baths of it. All two-car garage and backyard shed (where I will store the tools I do not own). It took a while to figure out what to wear today. I want to look employed, you know what I mean? Plus my realtor wants to get a pic of me in front of the house after we close. And this could be my Christmas card, so no pressure.

Just went to the bank and withdrew the biggest cashier's check I have ever held in my possession. I kept expecting the teller to be like "um, no sweetie. Nice try." But she didn't even bat an eyelash. (She did congratulate me, however.)

I think champagne is in order.

2 comments:

  1. now comes the big question everyone has for you - when is the housewarming party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not moving in until Memorial Day, so maybe June? Or for my bday in July??

    ReplyDelete