Thursday, October 29, 2015

And that's a wrap

In my almost 40 years as a single person, I clearly haven't learned much about guys. Or relationships. Or much of anything, for that matter. But one thing I do know? When I'm getting dumped. Which happened this week. And bless my friends for trying to put a positive spin on it: "He's just busy with work!" "Maybe his phone died." "Maybe he's trapped under something heavy." But the truth is, I've been ghosted. Per usual.

And therefore I am announcing my retirement from dating. Like athletes who hang up their jerseys, I am simply getting too old, I don't want to continue the risk of getting hurt, and the game simply isn't what it used to be. I do however look forward to watching the younger generations play. Probably better than I ever could. #micdrop

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! What's with the ghosting? Seriously, at least have some courage and tell me you don't want to see me again, or something... I miss the old days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Glad I have Europe to look forward to...

      Delete