Monday, April 10, 2017

Counting sheep in a totally different way

Drove to Austin on Saturday to go see my adorable nephew, and two things caught my eye while driving down 35: the gorgeous wildflowers, and a pick-up truck carrying like 6 lambs in the back. The bed was open, and the lambs were standing in this big cage. The guy was going like 80, and the poor little guys must have been terrified. (They were probably going to be slaughtered, which only adds to the terror I'm sure.) They were all huddled together in one corner - I wondered if they took turns on who had to stand on the outside and bear the brunt of the wind. I felt so bad for them - I didn't want to drive behind him because I was afraid he would hit a pothole and the cage would pop open and lambs would come flying out onto the highway. If I had a bigger car I would have pulled up next to the guy and offered to buy one. Next time, lambs. Next time.

1 comment: