Thursday, November 16, 2017

Eat your wheaties

So I've been gluten free now for almost a year, and my mom has asked when I plan on eating gluten again for...almost a year. Seriously every day. To her credit, she has gone along with it and pretty much eats gluten free as well (since she cooks most of our meals...). And it can't be fun. (It doesn't bother me much because I didn't eat a lot of bread and pasta before anyway.) So now Thanksgiving is upon us, and I had told her months ago that I would eat cornbread dressing (gluten!). I have been semi-nervous about it so asked my doctor yesterday. He gave me the go-ahead, so of course my mom was ready to buy a giant loaf of bread for dinner last night. I told her I'm just going to ease in, and Thanksgiving will be the first step. Why fix it if it ain't broke??
I do miss Frosted Mini-Wheats and Taco Cabana flour tortillas though. Not gonna lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment