Monday, November 20, 2017

Squirrel!!!

Yesterday was my dog's best day ever. Not because we took her to the dog park. Not because of the 15-minute belly rub. No, because she finally came face to face with a squirrel. Which she has been dreaming of forever. Of course, it turned into somewhat of a nightmare. She was barking her head off at squirrels in the tree in my backyard, and then just stopped barking and kept staring up. My mom called me into the kitchen to watch, and I saw her sitting there, still as a statue, as a squirrel climbed down the tree toward her. I couldn't believe she wasn't attacking it, but she wasn't. And then they both disappeared behind the tree. All I could see was Charlie's little tail wagging like crazy. Finally my mom went out there to see what in the world was going on, and she dragged poor Charlie back inside after deciding there was clearly something wrong with the squirrel. We checked Charlie to make sure she didn't get bitten/was possibly rabid, and the rest of the night she sat by the door and cried. She wanted to go back out to her friend. (or eat him)

Of course by morning the squirrel was dead. Which is now the second creature that has come into my backyard to die. Great. And sorry Charlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment