Sunday, December 31, 2017

Baby New Year

Well, surprise surprise - the baby is here! Georgia Cole ("Georgie" arrived on Thursday. I am ridiculously tired but ridiculously in love. Was awake in the middle of the night (per usual) and thought I felt my water break. I was just going to wait until my 8:30am dr's apt, but felt contractions so after talking to the on-call doctor (and clearly waking him up), I went on in. Noticed meconium when I went to the bathroom, which concerned the doctors and nurses, and I was concerned that after three hours of contractions I was still only dilated to 1cm. So they started me on Pitocin at 9am, and that really kicked things into high gear. So much so that within an hour I needed an epidural. I was probably only dilated to like 4cm, but holy crap the pain. Epidural was great and in no time I was up to 9.5cm. The epidural kept wearing off, so had to keep getting bumps. Finally time to push and she was basically out but the doctor was performing a C-section so we had to wait. And wait. At one point I was like, I'LL get her out! But my mom and I got to watch her being born, which was super cool and not nearly as gross as I thought it would be. Didn't get to feed her right away because of the meconium issue, but I did get to hold her after I got my laceration stitched up (apparently I'm too good of a pusher). They decided she was still grunting so went to the transitional nursery for a while to be monitored, but after an hour she joined me in my room and latched on right away. OBSESSED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment