Friday, September 21, 2018

Dr Doom

My dentist that I went to for like 30 years retired in December, so I've been looking for a new one. I went to one while on maternity leave and they said my gums were so bad they wouldn't give me a cleaning. So I ended up at Ideal Dental, one of those chain places, and yesterday they told me
1. I have my first cavity ever, at age 41
2. I do need gum graft surgery (also went to a periodontist, so I guess this is legit)
3. Apparently I clench/grind my teeth so they want me to either get a night guard or do Invisalign (aka invisible braces)

WTF. Mostly I say WTF to my old dentist, who never mentioned ANY of this crap to me. And unless my mouth has started decaying in the past 9 months, I'm guessing there were some signs of this beforehand.  But I also fear that places like Ideal Dental just want my money, so although I got my cavity fixed, I'm going to hold off on everything else for a while. Worst case, bring on the dentures.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pretty good dentist if you need a recommendation
    -Lee

    ReplyDelete