Monday, May 20, 2019

Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead

(Side bar: how great was this movie, and what a terrible title!)

Used a babysitter for the first time on Friday night - wild night of going to dinner and drinks with my mom (!!!!) - and it was sort of a total fail. I mean Georgie is fine, which is the most important thing, but...

We used one of the teachers at her daycare, Miss Dorothy, who Georgie absolutely loves. She was so excited and surprised to see her show up at the front door! My mom and I snuck out without her even noticing, she was so busy showing off all her toys. My mom told her to put Georgie down between 7:30-8, and by 8 we were finishing dinner. I checked the baby monitor and it was still bright as day in her room (I only have a camera in her room, which I may be fixing after this). My mom said, "we can't go home yet if she's still awake - let's go to Al Biernat's for a glass of wine!" So we did. And I kept incessantly checking the monitor. No baby. No baby. We turned on the sound. No noise. Where the hell were they??

By 9 I was in a near panic. Georgie had never been up this late. No texts from Miss Dorothy, so I assumed they weren't at the hospital. Had she absconded with my kid? No barks from the dog heard on the monitor - was everyone tied up in the laundry room after a home invasion?? Sped home and sprinted inside at 9:30 - to find Georgie sitting on Miss Dorothy's lap in the living room, reading a book. Apparently since Georgie doesn't go to daycare on Fridays, Miss Dorothy missed her so much she didn't want to put her to bed. UMMMMMMM WHAT?!

I begrudgingly gave her $60 but I doubt she will be babysitting again. Unless she can promise me she can actually put the baby down! What in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment