Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day: starts and ends with poop

It was a Mother's Day to remember, that's for sure. It started Saturday night when, while eating dinner, I noticed my mom had something on her sweater. She looked at it, looked in Georgie's diaper, and realized she had an explosive poop that had ended up on her as well. Yay!

Then on Sunday, I took my mom and Georgie to brunch after church. We had reservations and requested to sit outside. There was another family next to us, and a grandmother and her grandson got seated after. The manager sat us and told us he would bring a high chair. We never saw him again. The grandmother and grandson were greeted and brought water, napkins, etc. As were three more tables that sat outside. Finally someone brought us a high chair. But no one asked if we wanted anything to drink. After flagging someone down, we ordered. I noticed the table next to us got a brunch menu and a kids menu. Neither of which were offered to us. Another waiter brought the food, plus food that we did not order, and still no napkins or silverware. My mom was seething and grabbed the manager to let him know. He apologized, got us some silverware, and said "Tiffany will now be your server. Bobby will NEVER be at this table again!" Then realized a waiter was behind him and said "I'm sorry - Justin will be your server!" First of all, who is Bobby. Secondly, it's your fault dude. By this point Georgie was over it, so I asked for to go boxes and luckily the manager did pay for our meal. (so yay - technically free brunch!)

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful until I was getting Georgie out of the bath. And realized she pooped in the tub. So....basically being a mom means you get pooped on. A lot. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment