Monday, July 1, 2019

A layer of jam, a layer of beef, sauteed with peas and onions...

I am pulling a Rachel Green and trying to make a trifle. (For the 4th, not for Thanksgiving, but same diff.) And like Rachel's trifle, I am running into some trouble. First of all, I have to make the angel food cake from scratch so it's gluten free. So I bought an angel food cake pan and whipped up the batter yesterday. My mom tasted it and cringed, which is always what you want to see - apparently I put in too much salt. But it didn't really matter because when I went to put the pan in the oven it started leaking EVERYWHERE. It was like a scene from that horror movie "It" about the yogurt. Apparently you are supposed to line the inside with parchment paper to prevent such things from happening - but ahem that would have been good to note on the recipe!!!

So we quickly moved it to a banana bread baking pan, and it stuck to the pan so much we had to throw it away. I made another batch, less salt, better pan, and it actually tastes semi-normal. Next up: layering the fruit and whipped cream. Stay tuned.

#ittasteslikefeet

No comments:

Post a Comment