Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Where's Yasmine Bleeth when you really need her?

Took Georgie to the pool on Saturday. It's truly terrifying at this age because she takes off running and my goal is really just keep her alive. The puddle jumper is still too big for her so it's grab her by the swim bottoms or nothing.

But little did I know there was more danger lurking in the water. She was sitting on the side, ready to jump to me, and I was facing her with my back to the rest of the pool. All of a sudden, WHAM! I got hit square in the back with a football going probably 40 mph (felt like 80, but a teenage boy threw it so who knows). It almost knocked the wind out of me and I had an immediate red welt. But thank GOD I was there, blocking Georgie - it would have knocked her out cold. I angrily turned around and the kid's dad was like "sorry..." I said, "um, that really hurt!" And he basically turned around and kept playing. Another lady who saw the whole thing came over to see if I was okay and reported them to the manager, but first she said she thought he was my husband because he was so uncaring! (sad commentary on marriage, no?)

Then later I was sitting ON THE KIDDIE STEPS with Georgie and somehow lost my balance FROM SITTING ON THE STEP and slid underwater. While holding Georgie and trying to A. not drown and 2. keep her above water. My mom just stood there staring at me like "why are you panicking on the KIDDIE STEPS." We may never know. But in the melee I did manage to scrape the crap out of my back on the KIDDIE STEPS and therefore left the pool with not one but two back injuries.

Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment