Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Awkward, thy name is Sarah

So when I take Georgie to school, I drop her off in the big playroom. The same woman is there every day, and I don't think I ever knew her name. I was leaving yesterday and as Georgie started to cling and cry, I was able to glance at her nametag and said, "you can play with Miss Stephanie!" To which she quickly turned the tag over and said, "It's Sam. I'm Stephanie at home because I'm not out there." (She is obviously a lesbian) I blushed and apologized and said "Miss Sam! Play with Miss Sam!" And she (he?) said something like "Mc Sam" (I don't think it was Mr but I was so flustered I'm not sure)

It was terrible. Mostly because it probably seemed like I was uncomfortable with gay/trans people - which I am not - but I just kept saying the wrong thing and ended up getting the hell out of there. From now on, it's Sam. Just Sam dammit.

SIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment