Wednesday, May 29, 2013

NYC, day 1

Our flights were delayed getting to New York due to weather. (Weather in New York will be a recurring theme for the weekend - just a heads up.) A very bumpy ride, had to circle the airport for about 30 minutes, blah blah. I briefly debated pulling out the barf bag, but kept it together. For a while. Met up with my friend and we hopped in a cab to the hotel. 5pm, rain, rush hour traffic meant about an hour and a half cab ride. And I couldn't keep it together. Barfed multiple times in my friend's sandwich bag. Which I had to then give to the girl behind the front desk to throw away because I couldn't find a trash can anywhere. And to my horror (and my friend's amusement), she peered into the bag. Awesome.

Also in the cab, the little tv showed a clip of the weather forecast: Thursday, storms. Friday, more storms. Saturday, "Raw." (That doesn't sound good...) Sunday, "Still not great." That is a direct quote. And possibly the most awesome weather forecast ever. "See that little sun peeking out behind the clouds, kids? Well, don't get too excited - it's still not great."

We finally got to our hotel room and changed clothes for dinner. I begged to walk since I didn't think my stomach could handle another cab ride. We were feeling pretty good about ourselves, getting some compliments from random dudes on the street, until I walked over a grate and my dress blew up over my head. And I screamed, drawing even more attention to myself. Oh the humanity. A guy who was behind us and saw the whole debacle walked up ahead, turned around and winked, telling me it was a very "Marilyn Monroe moment." Sure, pal.

Dinner at Buddakan was awesome, and then we met another pal at The Smith, which was fun as well. Took some pictures with garbage on the way home (seriously - never in my life have I seen so much trash on the street), and prepped for a rainy (but not yet "raw") Friday.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment