Thursday, July 31, 2014

There's no crying in baseball, but there ARE compliments

Played on the work softball team last night and got two really solid base hits - both went over the infielders' heads into the outfield. (My throwing could use quite a bit of work, however.) The shortstop on the other team was cute and complimented me on the first hit, which almost knocked his glove off. Then when giving the "good game" high fives to the other team at the end of the game, he said, "Good game, Rod Carew!" I said thank you, but honestly have no idea who that is. Actually, the only reason I have even heard the name is from Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song ("Hall of Famer Rod Carew - he converted"). I assume being compared to a major leaguer is nice, but compliments are better when you understand them. Then later the guy took off his baseball glove and of course he's married. FML, Rod Carew. Whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment