Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Show me that smile again...

I've been watching reruns of Growing Pains lately (hey - it helps me sleep), and have noticed a few...issues:

1. Character named Boner, which would never pass censors today.
2. Brad Pitt plays two completely different characters, like a year apart. Are we not supposed to remember the hunk he played last year? #consistencypeople
3. Every single episode features at least one fat joke at Carol's expense. We all know Tracey Gold ended up with a massive eating disorder at the end of the show's run, and I doubt this helped much in the confidence department.
4. It IS enjoyable spotting future stars (see Brad Pitt, above): Matthew Perry, Jennie Garth, Jenny Lewis, Candace Cameron, etc. Even noticed the chick who played the sister on Mr Belvedere, although I'm probably the only one who would know that and I don't think she qualifies as a star.
5. The fashions/music. All 80s, all the time.
6. The fact that baby Chrissy jumps from 1 to 7 and we're not supposed to notice. Lame.
7. Tie-ins to that ridiculous 80s sitcom Just the 10 of Us. Anyone? Anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment