Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl recap (from someone who doesn't give a damn about the game)

In typical girlie fashion, I didn't care much about the actual football portion of the Super Bowl. I did wear my Seahawks hat, however (even though I went to grad school in Boston - sorry Pats). So aside from a terribly-timed play called by Seattle which led to New England's victory (see, I do pay attention), here is my take:

The Ads:
In general, I found the commercials oddly depressing (wtf with the dead kid Nationwide one), and skewing heavily on fathers (Cat's Cradle? Really??). My favorite was the Snickers Brady Bunch spot, and of course Always #likeagirl which my company helped with and makes me cry every time I watch it.

The Halftime Show:
Katy Perry did a good job, with a crazy amount of costume changes and some sweet guests (Lenny! Misdemeanor!). The dancing sharks/surfboards/beach balls was a highlight for me, as was her sailing off into the sky and the resulting The More You Know meme:


Plus, if you'll remember, the sharks WERE predicted to make an appearance in 2015, per Back to the Future II:



Finally, this bad boy started circulating after the Seahawks lost. Too soon, probably - but hilarious, nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment