Monday, March 6, 2017

Hopefully they at least keep score the same way

Went to a beginner tennis clinic on Saturday at the "club." I was the only one who showed up, so it became a private lesson. The instructor was totally nice and after three balls said I was not a beginner. (Duh, but I could obviously use some instruction.) My backhand was "perfect," but everything else needed some tweaking. Basically I was playing "1980s tennis." Uh, thanks dad. Apparently tennis has changed a bit over the years? I wasn't even wearing the right shoes, which the instructor also told me. And he gave me a racket to use, because the one I brought which my dad sent was for "old ladies." Okay, okay I get it. Clearly my game could use a tune-up.

As could my physical fitness - I am so sore today I can barely move. (I also stupidly ran a 5K that day, so that's two sports that I never play rolled into one. Awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment