Wednesday, March 22, 2017

One more basketball post. Sorry.

I thought March Madness was widely known, but maybe not so much in Texas? On Friday, we hosted a March Pat-ness happy hour at a local sports bar, and when I arrived to set up none of the TVs had the games on. I had to ask the bartender to change the channels, and he had to ask me what channels those were. (Thankfully, they had DirecTV so I spouted them off quickly.)

On Sunday, we went to the club to watch the UNC game. Newsletters and weekly emails indicated there would be March Madness parties, including game schedules and times, so we arrived all decked out in our Carolina finery to find a few tables of dudes watching golf. Again, had to ask the bartender to change the channel, and again, he had no idea what I was talking about or what channel he needed. (Again, yay DirecTV!)

Then yesterday, my boss popped her head in to see how the happy hour went, and asked if I should go turn on the games in the break room. I had to inform her that there were not any games again until Thursday.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Or should I just move to basketball country.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete