Monday, May 15, 2017

Preach!

Went to the "world famous" gospel brunch at House of Blues with my mom yesterday for Mother's Day. The gospel part was great; the brunch part, not so much. First of all, it normally costs $75 per person. (I bought a Groupon for $30 per person, thank goodness.) We initially got sat in the middle of a table on the far right, sitting across from each other with my back to the stage. This did NOT sit well with my mom, who huffed and rolled her eyes enough that one of the servers showed us to a little table for two which was perfect. And the food wasn't all that great, either. Now granted, I wasn't expecting there to be a lot of gluten free options. But maybe some yogurt or something? $30 bought me grapes, honeydew and a few veggies. Although I guess you're paying for the show. And that was worth it. My mom didn't go up on stage, but lots of moms did - and they even took the mic and sang! Good lord. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment