Friday, March 23, 2018

I'm back, bitches

Maternity leave flew by, and I went back to work yesterday. I only teared up a little in the morning, but only because I have already cried my eyes out multiple times. Of course as a single parent, I have no choice and HAVE to go back to work, and it's such a relief that my mom is watching the baby (for now). But still - would much rather be home with that sweet nugget.

While I was out, I experienced so much kindness. I guess I thought with the way I was becoming a parent, some would not be supportive or think it was wrong to do all of this without a spouse. But people have been amazing. I think I had like 30 visitors during those 12 weeks - someone came to see us practically every week. Got flowers from my old CEO and my church, gifts from my and my parents' friends, and my next door neighbor randomly dropped off $60 in cash. All was so very appreciated - I have cried a LOT (thanks, hormones) but many times they were happy tears. Perhaps people feel sorry for me and are afraid for the future of my child, but I like to think they are proud of me and excited for Stockton, party of two.




No comments:

Post a Comment