Monday, June 25, 2018

Mother of the Bride

That's what I felt like yesterday when Georgie got baptized. It was such a great day, although I was super stressed out about it. I was so afraid she would cry throughout the service - we actually put her in the nursery at first, but after about 5 minutes decided we'd risk her sitting through the entire service (why they don't have the baptism up front is beyond me!). And she was actually great. A few fusses here and there, but great. And then it was time to go up to the front. My mom turned to me with tears in her eyes and said she was so proud of me, which of course led me to start tearing up (and snotting down? Is that a thing? Because it happened.). My dad was crying - everyone was crying - but not little Georgie. She was a total pro - three douses of water? No prob. Being toured around the church with the pastor? Got it. After it was over and we stood up there for another 30 minutes talking to people and taking pictures, she started to get annoyed. But we raced home, threw on bathing suits and met her godmothers and their families at the pool. Georgie did great. And still refused to nap once we got home two hours later. (She did FINALLY sleep for like 10 hours at night, but still - would a nap kill ya??)

And now I am the proud owner of like 7 Jesus books that I should probably peruse. As a good Mother of the Baptized, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment