Friday, February 25, 2011

You get what you pay for. Literally.


Attempting to be budget-friendly, yet in dire need to regulate the disaster that is my nails and toes (esp in light of the spring-like weather...helloooo sandals!), I decided to get a mani/pedi today at a nearby beauty school. (Which will remain nameless to protect the innocent.) $6 for a manicure, $10 for a pedicure?!?! Hells yes. For $20, I can be looking good AND leaving a good tip for the future nail techs of America. Too good to be true?

Yep.

The manicure was actually decent, although cuticles weren't touched. Ah well. I can deal with that. What I have MORE of a problem with was the pedicure. A giant of a guy was doing my toes, and informed me well into the first coat of polish that I was his first pedicure EVER! Sheesh. I've given MYSELF about a billion. I can show you! But no. His large man-hands were rushed, shaky and brusque, getting polish all over my poor under-filed toes. (Actually, he didn't even get all the original polish off, either - so lord knows WHAT color this really is.) I could feel my face contorting into the most horrified expressions - hope his professor wasn't watching. (Or maybe she should have been...)
Looking back, I might as well have just asked my male neighbor to give me a pedicure.

But again - it was $10. And I'll just go home and fix them.

Le$$on learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment