Monday, May 2, 2011

I could lose myself in Craigslist

Having a yard sale (haha accidentally wrote "tard sale" - which probably belongs on a whole other website) with a friend in June, and we're debating advertising it on Craigslist. I've been scanning it as part of my "research." Dear god. Greatness.

I think I have mentioned my affinity for the "missed connections" section. It's just so tragic that these people reach out on a site where I'd say the odds of them actually making that connection are about 2%, and yet...page after page of "desperately seeking susan" situations.

And some of these guys are just awesomely pathetic. Like one who was trying to find a girl from a Quik Stop who had admired his car. And he titled the post "Porsche Whore?" Sure. Because every girl likes to be called that. Good luck on your search, pal.

Slightly nervous to put my address on this kind of site, but my rationale is that we used to advertise in the classifieds of the paper, right? So this is kind of the same thing??

(If there are no further blog posts after June 11, someone call the authorities. Just a heads up. I did see "The Craigslist Murderer" on Lifetime.)

1 comment:

  1. Just write the listing in the tone of some meat head guy and mix in items for sale that are kinda scary.
    Ex. Epic Yard Sale: Hey Bros come to my bad-a garage sale. Ditching my GFs clothes and junk, old weight set, ninja throwing stars and gently used designer handbags.

    ReplyDelete