Thursday, May 12, 2011

ich ein berliner? PASS.

So this week at the office there are a lot of global executives in town for various meetings. To get everyone together, we had an "Once de Mayo" happy hour last night. And yes, I'm aware that once and once look the same. Whatever. My Spanish-speaking friends know what's up.

I decided to wear the above mustache for like 3 hours. I was hoping others would follow suit, but not so much. Ah well - not like I really know anyone yet, anyway. I'm sure I made an excellent first impression.

So this one older, foreign gentleman came up and started complimenting my 'stache and how interesting it looked with my blonde hair, etc. He wandered off and I asked my co-worker who he was. Turns out he's the head of the German office and has been a total douche to me via email. But I think maybe he thought I was a Nazi sympathizer or something, what with the mustache and my Aryan nation blonde hair and blue eyes...so basically he was being nice b/c he thought I was one of his peeps. Hilarious, yet not so much.

And ripping that thing off my face felt like I got my lip waxed. Maybe I should stick some under my eyebrows.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!! I just randomly watched the Mel Brooks "Hitler Rap" last nite on uTube. Reminds me of your pic.

    ReplyDelete