Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I like LENTil soup...does that count?

I am not Catholic (in fact, I'm barely Presbyterian at this point), so I don't pay much attention to Lent. If I DO give anything up, it's something that I already don't do - like smoking. Or drugs. Easy. But I was thinking yesterday - what if you could give up a PERSON for Lent? Like someone who was grating on your last nerve or you just needed a respite (of, say, 40 days) from.

NOTE: I am not actually referring to anyone in particular. Just spitballing here.

Maybe after 40 days you could come back refreshed and ready to face her again. Or maybe those 40 days would turn into forever. Who's to say.  Again, all a moot point because I don't observe Lent. I'll drink a Coke/coffee/get on Facebook for those of you who ARE observing. More power to ya.

1 comment: