Friday, February 1, 2013

Party like it's 1999

Tomorrow, I'm going back to my natural hair color - red. (Technically strawberry blonde, but let's face it - it's going to be red.) I haven't been a redhead since I bleached my hair the color of snow in 1999. 1999, people. To give you an idea of how long ago that was, I did a little digging...

Things that were happening in 1999

Bill Clinton was the president
Y2K was stressing people out
Napster and MySpace had just launched
In theaters: Star Wars Phantom Menace and American Pie
On the radio: An unknown named Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Blink 182
On TV: Dawson's Creek

Actually, that all sounds fairly amazing. Where's a Delorean time machine when you really need one.

I told my co-workers if I show up on Monday in a turban, something went horribly wrong. Wish me and my poor traumatized hair follicles luck.

3 comments: