Thursday, February 21, 2013

Parenting FAIL

Let me preface this by saying I have a tendency to over-react and panic about completely ridiculous things. Here we go.

Last night, I hopped into bed and pulled the dog up to snuggle. Noticed she was licking her lips over and over again, staring at the ceiling - very bizarro behavior. I thought A. she had gotten into something sticky like peanut butter or 2. was having a weird stroke or something. I was finally able to open her mouth and found this white gummy substance where one of her bottom teeth should have been. First I thought it was just food stuck in there, so I tried to get it out but couldn't. Left an embarrassing message for my vet (I think the words "her tooth imploded!" came out of my mouth) and decided I should take her to the animal clinic in case she had lost a tooth or had some weird gum disease or something. So I got dressed, put mascara back on (what if the vet was cute?!) and took her down to the car. Where I noticed the white gunk was gone and she was totally fine. Annnnnd scene.

Thank god I didn't drive all the way to the vet to have him say, "um, brush her teeth" or something. Good lord. Maybe I shouldn't have kids. This doesn't bode well for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she found some gum. But you are a great, and usually entertaining, panicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have any sugarless gum around? If you did, you need to watch her. Xylitol, a common sugar substitute in gum, is toxic to dogs.

    ReplyDelete