Thursday, March 7, 2013

Can I get an Amen?

I have mentioned that I am not a religious person. Grew up going to church, got confirmed, even still have a Bible somewhere. But certainly not a good Presbyterian by any means. But I had heard so much hype about the Bible miniseries on the History Channel, I finally tuned in last night. Good lord (no pun intended) - it was pretty good!  The Bible seems like quite the page-turner. (I'm sure to those of you who DO go to church regularly, this is like a "Hello, Captain Obvious" statement.)

It had everything - adultery, sibling rivalry, lust, violence, you name it. Kind of like watching an episode of the Real Housewives. But with locusts and a lot more dust.

And I have to admit, it was kind of cool that I actually remembered some stuff from Sunday School back in the day. (The story of Passover? Totally called it.) And the fact that Sarah (Abraham's wife) had a kid at like 40 was inspiring. Maybe that Sarah will be THIS Sarah. Yay God.

1 comment:

  1. I'm betting they skipped over the "x begat y who begat...." which I am convinced comprises about 2/3 of the old testament.

    obviously I'm not all that religious either.

    ReplyDelete