Monday, February 17, 2014

Tinderized

So last night I went on my first Tinder "date." I say "date" because it really wasn't, and it was really weird. So of course I will share it with you. Got matched with this guy yesterday, we messaged back and forth a few times and he asked if I wanted to meet up. Having decided on a year of YES (or possibly a year of stupid decisions), I agreed and met him and his friend at a bar. Had never been to this place before, although it is just down the street from my apartment, and good lord. It was insanity at 6:30pm on a Sunday. Granted, it's a holiday weekend, but Jesus. I even saw one girl doing a handstand against the outside wall of the bar next door, twerking upside down. And in the bar where we were, girls were dancing on the bar and on the stripper pole. House music was blaring. And the sun had JUST gone down. It was a little trippy, to be sure.


The guy was nice, but pretty quiet. When he went to the bathroom, his buddy gave me HIS number, saying he'd like to take me out. What?? Then later he walked by and whispered in my ear that his friend was gay. Um, this is new. And very bizarre.


Who knows what will come of this - probably nothing - but at least I can say I met up with someone from Tinder. And can add the Concrete Cowboy off my list of places to never go again.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you went to Kung Fu. I made the mistake of going there once... once

    ReplyDelete