Friday, December 12, 2014

Back to the Future

This list of Christmas gifts that 80s girls wanted really brought me back. It's sad/awesome how many of these I actually owned:

Girl Talk - I specifically remember there were little red dot stickers that were "zits" - nice
Fashion Plates - LOVED these
Barbie and the Rockers - not only did I own them all, but I believe I had the cassette tape as well
Colorforms
Get in Shape, Girl - completely useless, but amazing. Particularly the ribbon for "rhythmic gymnastics?"
She-ra - although I don't think I had the castle. Dammit.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls
Cabbage Patch Kids - duh. I had like 10 of these, including twin preemies
Pound Puppies - had a bunch of these as well
Glitter batons
My Little Pony
Rainbow Brite
Charm Necklaces - so third grade, I can't even.
Barbie Dream House - not sure I had the Corvette, though. Dammit.
Care Bears - complete with Care Bear Stare
Poochie
Sharp Boombox - HELL YES. I had a lavender one that I carried around like a total idiot.
Jem - might be her for Halloween 2015. Outrageous.
See-through phone - I didn't have this, but man I wanted it. Dammit.

Summary: the 80s had way better toys then we have now. And I don't care that it makes sound older than dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment