Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Feeling blue in a red state

As a Democrat in a traditionally Republican state, I have learned that I'm in the minority, and simply not to talk politics. As long as you don't push your views on me, we can all coexist peacefully. No biggie. Guess that's not how everyone feels, though - got an email from a guy on Match over the weekend who said he thought I had a nice smile, but he was concerned that I had selected "Liberal" on the political leanings question. He asked how liberal I was, since he was very conservative, adding "if you think Obama is doing a good job, we shouldn't talk again." I responded that I guess we shouldn't talk again, including a smiley face so he wouldn't take things too seriously. He wrote back "good luck in your search then," so clearly he DID take it seriously. Personally, I think HE needs the luck. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment