Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Climb (almost) every mountain

I have always wanted to climb Everest. I know it's cold, I know it's dangerous, but I feel like I could do it. I wouldn't do anything crazy like go without oxygen or try to be a hero when I needed to turn around, but man that would be cool. Of course, someone would have to sponsor me in order to cover the $75K cost, but that's besides the point.


I watched the movie Everest over the weekend - have semi-personal ties to it because Dr Beck Weathers lived on my street growing up - but man. Making me re-think wanting to do this. I was cold just watching from the comfort of my living room. (Plus all the death and stuff.)


Maybe just getting to base camp would be enough of a goal. Hell - that alone is higher than I've ever climbed. It's 17,590 feet, and I've only climbed to the top of a few 14,000 foot mountains in Colorado. Okay there you have it: I will someday get to base camp. Where I will plant a UNC flag like a BOSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment