Monday, March 21, 2016

Next up: My Little Pony

Found a Cabbage Patch Kid at a thrift store this weekend for $4.99, so of course I had to buy it. Also because it was a little red-headed one. She's still in her original outfit (although her shoes have long gone), and although the "adoption papers" didn't come with her, I certainly checked her butt for the Xavier Roberts signature. Gotta be official, you know?


Kind of makes me wish I still had my original Cabbage Patch dolls - I had a ton of them. One of the original soft faces ("Beth Misty"), preemie twins, and a plethora of other. My parents were some of the ones who had to make a midnight run to Toys R Us on Christmas Eve because a last-minute shipment came in, and those things were hard to find! (thanks mom and dad) Looking back, not sure it was worth the hype, but it's fun having one again. And no, I promise not to be weird and carry it around like it's my kid, like this commercial from the 80s:


https://youtu.be/8TijfC-A9W4


#yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment